Changing shortcuts to "creating slashed grace notes"

Discuss general Sibelius issues here. Get help with Sibelius and Sibelius Support.
Aleksander14
Sibelius Version: 2022.12 build 1722
Operating System: Mac

Post by Aleksander14 » Sun Feb 05, 2023 11:14 am

Hi everyone!

I am wondering if anyone knows how to change the shortcut for "Creating slashed grace notes". I know how to change shortkeys in preferences -> keyboard shortcuts off course, but I haven't found where I can find this particular action/shortcut. I have probably missed something obvious, but if that's the case I would greatly appreciate the help.

I am using Stream deck with Sibelius, and in Stream deck there is a button for creating "Slashed grace note", but I am having trouble using the button (and shortkey). I am using a norwegian keyboard setup, and this is a bit different than UK/US, as some buttons are different, and this is what is causing the problem. It works fine when I switch to UK/US, but I want to make it work with my norwegian setup as well, but in order to do that I have to be able to change that particular shortcut, I think.

Hope someone knows how to achieve this!

Best,
Aleksander Waaktaar

PS: I am new to this forum, so if there is any information I should have given here, which I haven't done, please let me know.
Aleksander Waaktaar
Sibelius Ultimate 2023.2, Note Performer 3
MacBook Pro 16" 2021, Apple M1 Pro, 32 GB Ram, macOS Ventura 13.2.1

KJ_Palmer
Sibelius Version: 6.2, 7.5
Operating System: Windows

Post by KJ_Palmer » Sun Feb 05, 2023 2:35 pm

If it's an acciacciatura you want this is under the Keypad (more notes) Tab or Category of Keyboard shortcuts. To change the defined shortcut / you need to Add and create a new shortcut set based on the standard set (which can't be edited). You should then be able to change the shortcut to whatever you want.

Hope this helps - apologies if not, maybe someone else here can help, or at the official Avid community forum. It's a bit outside my knowledge depth. No idea what a Stream deck is, or what's on a Norwegian keyboard!
Sibelius 6.2, 7.5.1, Windows 11

Aleksander14
Sibelius Version: 2022.12 build 1722
Operating System: Mac

Post by Aleksander14 » Mon Feb 06, 2023 8:59 am

Hi!

That was exactly what I was looking for! I didn't know what it was called. Now it works perfectly.
Thank you so much the help!

Cheers,
Aleksander
Aleksander Waaktaar
Sibelius Ultimate 2023.2, Note Performer 3
MacBook Pro 16" 2021, Apple M1 Pro, 32 GB Ram, macOS Ventura 13.2.1

KJ_Palmer
Sibelius Version: 6.2, 7.5
Operating System: Windows

Post by KJ_Palmer » Tue Feb 07, 2023 12:15 pm

Great, yes it's not exactly an obvious word - or an easy one to pronounce!
Sibelius 6.2, 7.5.1, Windows 11