How to get rid of automatic new score template "arranged by"

Discuss general Sibelius issues here. Get help with Sibelius and Sibelius Support.
leonrosensf
Sibelius Version: ULTIMATE 2023
Operating System: Mac

Post by leonrosensf » Fri Mar 10, 2023 4:50 pm

Hi there folks. I'm Leon, first post here. I've been a Sibelius user for about six years. When I set up a new score, "arranged by" is always automatically present. I'm assuming as many users are fixated on youtube and are just creating transcriptions for their followers, Sibelius automates "Arranged by" to remind them to place it in there. I find it super annoying. I like my templates my way, and not only this, but several other automatic templates would be really useful in this department. Somehow I've not yet learned how to set up my own templates, so I don't have to do it all and delete "arranged by" each time. Advice

Oh - Its my first post, and I've never been on this forum, but having been on forums - if a person asks a question - they want an answer, not to be asked WHY DO YOU WANNA DO THAT?

I am a grown human, and I'm simply asking for the instructions.

andyg
Sibelius Version: 7.1.3 and 6.2
Operating System: Windows

Post by andyg » Sat Mar 11, 2023 9:18 am

1) this is not the official forum, but an almost moribund site that was once the home of all the users of cracked copies of Sibelius! There are only 3 of us answering questions from time to time and we all say we'll quit but never have! Look for the official Sibelius Chat Pages if you want lots of info and detailed answers.

2) I've been using Sibelius from version 2 onwards, many years ago. "Arranged by" is not part of any Manuscript Paper (what you and I might call a template) that I've ever used. It's not standard as far as I can see, and you should have loads of blank templates to choose from in the Quick Start menu.

3) Read through that manual and learn how to create your own Manuscript Papers. I can't give you a page number but a quick search will find it. Basically, set the blank starting page(s) up the way you want and export it as a Manuscript Paper. You can then use that every time. I have three that I regularly use, for piano, keyboard and three stave organ. Took just minutes to do!