Appending Measures no longer possible

Discuss general Sibelius issues here. Get help with Sibelius and Sibelius Support.
RVSLee
Sibelius Version: 2019.4
Operating System: Windows

Post by RVSLee » Tue Mar 14, 2023 1:26 am

Just upgraded to '23 Sib, and find that one of my most efficient working methods has been taken away. Until this month I could append mms from a file needing re-orchestration and/or changes in formatting by creating a single staff temp file of the old version and appending the 'single line' mms into a one-empty-bar correctly organized/formatted template. This transferred all the system text, key and time changes and however hundreds of bars in only a very few steps. After that i could quickly transfer individual lines from the old score to their often different (or completely new) place in the expanded template file, and that was much faster than adding/subtracting staves in each old file, achieving (insufficient) reformatting by importing a house style, and then moving things around internally (when such moves would often result in overwriting conflicts.) Now it is impossible to append anything unless the staff count is the same for both files.
An alternative of importing those mms from one line of the old file into the template is also impossible if there are any time sig changes in that original file.
Can anyone explain why the fastest thing I can do now is manually add an accurate number of bars, and also manually make sure that I have all the time changes (and other elements) in the right place before transferring any input?

KJ_Palmer
Sibelius Version: 6.2, 7.5
Operating System: Windows

Post by KJ_Palmer » Tue Mar 14, 2023 7:47 am

I don't have the latest version, so not sure, but it sounds like a bug may have been introduced. You may have to go the official community forum on the Avid site to get an answer and/or log this issue as a bug.

http://www.sibelius.com/cgi-bin/helpcen ... ?groupid=3
Sibelius 6.2, 7.5.1, Windows 11