Sibelius 7 reinstall query

Discuss general Sibelius issues here. Get help with Sibelius and Sibelius Support.
kidgloves
Sibelius Version: 7
Operating System: Windows

Post by kidgloves » Tue Jun 13, 2023 9:47 am

Hi all,

I have Sibelius 7 installed on a computer I'm shortly going to stop using. If I uninstall it from that computer and reinstall on a new laptop, is Sibelius / Avid going to hassle me to upgrade or should I be able to use my existing install discs to allow further use if my Sibelius 7 version?
My take on it is that I bought Sibelius 7 at retail price so it should be mine to use no matter what version the software is currently running on or what online registration processes have changed.
For further info, I did pay for a yearly sub of the most up to date version as did my wife (separate licences) but we had no end of trouble with the access and licences recurringly denying access so don't want to go down that route.

Thanks all!

andyg
Sibelius Version: 7.1.3 and 6.2
Operating System: Windows

Post by andyg » Tue Jun 13, 2023 12:44 pm

You can install from your disks with no problem - don't forget to download and install the update to 7.1.3 and the update to the 7.12 Sibelius Sounds library.

You will not be able to deactivate Sibelius 7 or reactivate the new installation on line. You can raise a case with Avid support. Explain what's happened and ask them to reset the seat count for Sibelius 7. You can then follow the instructions for reactivating off-line: https://avid.secure.force.com/pkb/artic ... 7-1-to-7-5

If you have issues you could email Ingrid Guce at Avid, you'll find her email address on many threads on the official Sibelius chat pages: http://www.sibelius.com/cgi-bin/helpcen ... ?groupid=3

I had to do this a few weeks ago and Ingrid was a great help when the system didn't do quite what it should have done!

Note that this, despite the name, is an unofficial site that's almost dead!