Sibelius First Alternate Guitar Tuning

Discuss general Sibelius issues here. Get help with Sibelius and Sibelius Support.
planahea
Sibelius Version: First 2021.2
Operating System: Mac

Post by planahea » Tue Jun 13, 2023 6:25 pm

Greetings. I am hoping that some kind soul can provide me with a custom guitar tuning template. As a Sibelius First user, I do not have the capability of creating the template myself. My guitar scores use standard notation and tab (no rhythm). I need the following (low to high string tuning): DADF#BE (almost an open D tuning, except for the high E). Sincerest thanks. CJ

alfredrapidly
Sibelius Version: 16

Post by alfredrapidly » Thu Aug 17, 2023 2:22 pm

I think that creating custom guitar tuning templates can be super handy. Good luck to you!

alfredrapidly
Sibelius Version: 16

Post by alfredrapidly » Fri Aug 18, 2023 8:23 am

It's great to hear you're diving into guitar scores with Sibelius First. Custom tuning templates can be a game-changer, especially when you're looking for that perfect sound. I totally understand that Sibelius First might have its limitations, but don't worry. You can still achieve your unique tuning.Creating a tuning template like DADF#BE can give your music a fresh vibe. While Sibelius First might not make it a breeze, there are resources out there to help you out. It's awesome that you're into standard notation and tab – that combo can really bring your compositions to life.For more insights and information about guitar accessories, you should check out this link: https://ironageaccessories.com/blogs/iron-age-general-blog/how-mаny-guitar-strings. It's all about exploring, experimenting, and creating something uniquely you.

andyg
Sibelius Version: 7.1.3 and 6.2
Operating System: Windows

Post by andyg » Sat Aug 19, 2023 11:08 am

Just remember that this is a very old, unofficial site, despite the name! There are only three Sibelius users answering questions when we can, initials KJP, ML and me, AG. The forum is not moderated and therefore be wary of replies with links. There has been plenty of spam over recent years!

I'd suggest:

1) that you ask on the official Sibelius forum - http://www.sibelius.com/cgi-bin/helpcen ... ?groupid=3
(and that link IS safe!) :)

2) that you ditch Sibelius First and use Musescore 4 - free and much, much more capable!