Got a new Sibelius (perpetual) licence, still getting emails about the old one.

Discuss general Sibelius issues here. Get help with Sibelius and Sibelius Support.
georginacmpalmer
Sibelius Version: 2023.6
Operating System: Windows

Post by georginacmpalmer » Tue Jun 27, 2023 5:30 am

Hi all, hoping this gets a response soonish.

My 3-year-discounted annual Sibelius Ultimate subscription ceased yesterday. I had the option to renew it for another 3 but for some reason my card wouldn't work (dunno why, I triple-checked the numbers I was inputting and I know there's more than enough money to buy it). I ended up deciding to completely deactivate/wipe that license from my computer and buy a perpetual one instead with my spare card. This worked, and having completely uninstalled and reinstalled Sibelius everything is working fine.

However, having done this a few hours ago, I just got the same email from Avid saying that my (old) license is about to run out and I need to renew it and all that, otherwise the world will explode apparently. I got this email after having purposely gone into Avid and deactivated that license, uninstalled everything and and activated/reinstalled all my stuff on the new perpetual license. Why am I still getting these emails? Has my new purchase of a perpetual license not worked or something? The money is gone from my bank account and the new license is definitely the activated/installed one, with the other one coming up on Avid Link as 'deactivated but available' (I think because Avid gives those with an expiring license a 14-day grace period to sort themselves out).

I don't know why I'm still getting these emails. I just want a working programme.

Thanks in advance.

MikeLyons
Sibelius Version: Ult. 2024.3.1/7.5

Post by MikeLyons » Tue Jun 27, 2023 6:57 am

If Sibelius is working for you, just ignore the emails. Eventually, they'll stop.
I'm interested in the fact that your card wouldn't work. I had a similar experience when I renewed. The site wouldn't accept my card transaction with either of my cards. When I contacted them about it, they blamed my bank for refusing the payment, but that just wasn't true. In the end I had to go through PayPal. I'd be grateful if you would complain to them about it.
Sib 6.2, 7.5 and 2024.3.1, Windows 11, 32GB RAM, 16TB 7200RPM Storage, 2TB SSD, Note Performer 4, EWQLSO, EWQLSC, Harmony Assistant and some others. mike@mike-lyons.co.uk

georginacmpalmer
Sibelius Version: 2023.6

Post by georginacmpalmer » Tue Jun 27, 2023 9:17 pm

Hi Mike, thank you. Sibelius miraculously also got back to me and said that so long as the correct license is activated and the other deactivated, everything should continue to work. I'll go back to them and comment about the payment issue on your/our behalf.