Any users post music on Sheet Music Plus? Do they accept Sibelius files or only PDF?

Discuss general Sibelius issues here. Get help with Sibelius and Sibelius Support.
kevjazz
Sibelius Version: 2023.6
Operating System: Mac

Post by kevjazz » Fri Sep 08, 2023 5:38 am

Has anyone posted music on Sheetmusicplus.com? Do they accept Sibelius files or only PDfs? if only PDFs, does Sheet Music Plus require a particular size for piano solo arrangements, (Letter, A4, something else?).

Musicnotes.com will actually accept something such as a 9x12 Sibelius piano score and use their software's voodoo to make it flexible for their customers. Any idea if SMP is similar?

if they only accept Letter, I may hae a hassle reformatting charts that were originally done in 9x12 in earlier versions of Sib. i'm legally blind and can't look at a score to refine anything. i hage to e able to simply export to PDf maybe after changing the score dimensions to 8.5x11 and hope for the best.

Any info appreciated.

Best,
Kevin

MikeLyons
Sibelius Version: Ult. 2024.3.1/7.5
Operating System: Windows

Post by MikeLyons » Fri Sep 08, 2023 8:08 am

I have a lot of music on sheet music plus. They take pdfs or noteflight interactive scores. They also allow you to upload an mp3 recording of each piece.

I don't make much from them. Mainly pin money, but then I tend to write exclusively for brass. I know people who do piano music tend to do better because it's more popular. I put all my scores into a3 or a4 with the oarts always a4.
Hope this helps.
Sib 6.2, 7.5 and 2024.3.1, Windows 11, 32GB RAM, 16TB 7200RPM Storage, 2TB SSD, Note Performer 4, EWQLSO, EWQLSC, Harmony Assistant and some others. mike@mike-lyons.co.uk

kevjazz
Sibelius Version: 2023.6
Operating System: Mac

Post by kevjazz » Wed Sep 13, 2023 4:36 am

Hi Mike,
Sorry. i just saw this. Your response suggests that i will have to mess with about 60 scores to reformat them in letter. I was once given the impression that one could save a score to PDf in almost any size they wanted and could expect the user to reformat for their printer on receipt. I'm getting the sense that this may not be the case in practice and that may be a real drag because, while i do make a bit of money from charts, it's more of a good will exercise to a fan base than an actual money maker and I really would hate to have to do something that would be no sweat for a sighted person but would be a real hassle for me.

Hopefully, someone else will chime in here and clarify the scale of the potential hassle.

thanks.

MikeLyons
Sibelius Version: Ult. 2024.3.1/7.5
Operating System: Windows

Post by MikeLyons » Thu Sep 14, 2023 9:20 am

No, that's not what I said. I choose to format my scores that way. You can put your scores up in any size you want. SMP don't specify.
Sib 6.2, 7.5 and 2024.3.1, Windows 11, 32GB RAM, 16TB 7200RPM Storage, 2TB SSD, Note Performer 4, EWQLSO, EWQLSC, Harmony Assistant and some others. mike@mike-lyons.co.uk