Bass Guitar [Notation and Tab]

Discuss general Sibelius issues here. Get help with Sibelius and Sibelius Support.
jdeacon
Sibelius Version: 2021.12
Operating System: Windows

Post by jdeacon » Wed Sep 20, 2023 2:04 pm

The Bass Guitar [Notation and Tab] instrument is useful because as you add a note in the notation stave or the tab stave it appear in the other stave. However, a) the tab stave of the instrument is a no rhythm instrument (i.e. stems don't appear); and b) there is no white around the tab number (i.e. the tab string line visibly goes through the fret number.

I can't seem to use Edit Instrument to edit the combined Notation and Tab instrument; it's not in the list. And no matter which individual bass guitar instrument I edit to add the white around or to add stems, it doesn't seem to affect the Notation and Tab instrument.

Is there a way to edit this combined Notation and Tab instrument? Or does anyone know which individual instrument to edit to change the tab stave of Notation and Tab?

jdeacon
Sibelius Version: 2021.12
Operating System: Windows

Post by jdeacon » Thu Sep 21, 2023 9:08 am

I've answered one part of my question: how do I find out which instrument is in the combined [Notation and Tab] staves. It's as simple/obvious as - have the tab stave selected when you go into Edit Instrument.

The second part of the question still remains: where/how are individual instrument chosen to form a combined stave such as [Notation and Tab]?