Automatically render beat accent and pauses into midi output?

Discuss general Sibelius issues here. Get help with Sibelius and Sibelius Support.
wws
Sibelius Version: 2023.8
Operating System: Mac

Post by wws » Tue Nov 14, 2023 6:24 pm

Hi all,

Is there a way to get Sibelius to render a midi file with accents (slightly higher velocity) based on the measure layout? For example, in 4 4 we would have strong - weak - less strong - weak.

Also: is there a way to render short pauses based on phrase marking? For example, 15% extra of a beat length before starting a new phrase.

I am only writing piano + vocal scores for now, so just three staves, if that matters.

Sorry if this is a silly question. I have searched, but I am a Sibelius newbie and still working through the tutorial documentation.

Tx!

andyg
Sibelius Version: 7.1.3 and 6.2
Operating System: Windows

Post by andyg » Tue Nov 14, 2023 7:11 pm

Add an accent > or a stress - to the first and third notes of each bar? A bit of a pain if there are lots of bars! That would do it and you can always hide the accents as you won't want them showing in the score.

wws
Sibelius Version: 2023.8
Operating System: Mac

Post by wws » Tue Nov 14, 2023 10:11 pm

Well, that sounds like the answer is "No", since I asked about doing it automatically. If you have a hundred bar composition, it would be awful to insert stresses to indicate what is basically conventional dynamics.

Thanks for the reply, though, even if it's not the answer I want... ;)