barlines disappeared

Discuss general Sibelius issues here. Get help with Sibelius and Sibelius Support.
stevenschuster
Sibelius Version: ultimate
Operating System: Mac

Post by stevenschuster » Sun Dec 31, 2023 11:01 pm

twice today all barlines have disappeared. How can I make them return? HELP!!!! long single stave file.

dircules

Post by dircules » Tue Jan 02, 2024 5:37 pm

More information please:
Are they just invisible, or did the whole score mutate to a huge single bar?
Did they come back itself, or did you repair it, and how?
What OS/version?

Generally:
Use Ctrl-Shift-I to open the inspector on the affected barlines.
Open menu Notation > Barline; test different appearences.
Try to repair your Sibelius installation (in Windows: Control Panel > Programs and Features)

MikeLyons
Sibelius Version: Ult. 2024.3.1/7.5
Operating System: Windows

Post by MikeLyons » Tue Jan 02, 2024 9:21 pm

I have a friend, also on a Mac, to whom this happens regularly. She lacks experience in dragging with the Mac mousepad. It is very easy to drag the top of a barline off the staves and to thereby delete/remove all the barlines.

There are a number of solutions:

1. Add a new instrument, temporarily, and drag its barlines over the staves with missing ones, then delete it.
2. Turn on View-->Invisibles-->Handles. If you haven't completely deleted the original; barlines or done anyting stupid (like adding fake 'real' barlines), you should be able to see the handles where the barlines actually are. Dragging one of these in the right direction should bring the others back.
Sib 6.2, 7.5 and 2024.3.1, Windows 11, 32GB RAM, 16TB 7200RPM Storage, 2TB SSD, Note Performer 4, EWQLSO, EWQLSC, Harmony Assistant and some others. mike@mike-lyons.co.uk