Opening Sibelius and Expression

Discuss general Sibelius issues here. Get help with Sibelius and Sibelius Support.
rjk2600
Sibelius Version: Ultimate
Operating System: Mac

Post by rjk2600 » Mon Jan 01, 2024 12:41 am

HI All,

I have two questions.

Sometime when I open Sibelius Ultimate, on my M1 Mac mini, running Sonoma 14.1.2, the soundset will not load, and other times it will. I only use NotePerformer. What I do to get it to load is to keep opping different files until one of them opens with the NotePerformer sound set. It is a random issue. I can open the same file one day and it will load, and other days it will not. Any thoughts on why it would do this?

Does anyone know if the piano in NotePerformer uses Expression? While I can add expression markings in the score, when I export a midi file into my DAW, Logic Pro X 10.8.1, there is no expression in the file. See Piano expression image attached. However, for a woodwind, string or brass instrument, there is expression in the midi file. See attached Basson expression image. I guess this makes sence, but I would assume that expression marking did the same thing no matter what instrumnent is used. But maybe not. Any thoughts on this?

Rob
Attachments
Bassoon expression.png
Bassoon expression.png (92.23 KiB) Viewed 36744 times
Piano expression.png
Piano expression.png (83.24 KiB) Viewed 36744 times