WHAT TEXT TO USE?

Discuss general Sibelius issues here. Get help with Sibelius and Sibelius Support.
sus4

Post by sus4 » Sun Feb 11, 2024 5:54 pm

What text do I use that when I type something in the score it will appear on all the parts? Like if I write in Ritard or a word cue.
Thanks.

Jarrell
Sibelius Version: 2023.2
Operating System: Mac

Post by Jarrell » Sun Feb 11, 2024 9:11 pm

System text - see the reference manual.

sus4

Post by sus4 » Tue Feb 13, 2024 3:21 pm

I looked under System text in the reference manual and had a hard time finding something that referred to entering text on all parts. It's boring reading that stuff. Thanks for your response.

MikeLyons
Sibelius Version: Ult. 2024.3.1/7.5
Operating System: Windows

Post by MikeLyons » Wed Feb 14, 2024 10:22 am

Well, you know, if you can't be bothered, put up with your lack of knowledge!

ANY system text will appear on all parts as well as in the score. However all the different types of system text are named. The common ones like "title", "tempo", "composer", "lyricist" etc are given names that tell you what they are intended to be used for.

I won't tell you how to edit them if they aren't quite fit for your purpose because you probably haven't read this far.
Sib 6.2, 7.5 and 2024.3.1, Windows 11, 32GB RAM, 16TB 7200RPM Storage, 2TB SSD, Note Performer 4, EWQLSO, EWQLSC, Harmony Assistant and some others. mike@mike-lyons.co.uk

sus4

Post by sus4 » Thu Feb 15, 2024 10:42 pm

I never said I can't be bothered reading manuals, I simply said I find them boring. I've read many manuals, (although never cover to cover) and I'll continue to read them (probably never cover to cover). Apparently you lack clarity in understanding what you're reading and yet in spite of your arrogant comment, you found the time to partially answer my question. And yes I did read your response to the end and I understood it very well. I probably will continue reading those boring manuals. (although not cover to cover)

MikeLyons
Sibelius Version: Ult. 2024.3.1/7.5
Operating System: Windows

Post by MikeLyons » Fri Feb 16, 2024 8:50 am

I gave you the information you needed to set you on the path to find the complete answer. I'm not here to save you from boredom. "It's boring" is just another way of saying "I can't be bothered". How old are you, 12?

The manual gives very clear and concise information about how to use text, how different types of text behave and how to call them up. Try right-clicking in an empty space near where you want your text to go. That context menu gives easy access to most of the text styles you'll ever need. How did I find this information? I read the manual. Oh, BTW, I HAVE read the manual cover to cover, and I found lots of very useful information that you would miss on a casual glance through, which is how I can answer your questions about Sibelius' functionality.

A good strategy is to have the pdf version of the manual open in the background. It's fully and efficiently searchable and the page numbers in the index and contents pages are clickable.

Spend some time with it.
Sib 6.2, 7.5 and 2024.3.1, Windows 11, 32GB RAM, 16TB 7200RPM Storage, 2TB SSD, Note Performer 4, EWQLSO, EWQLSC, Harmony Assistant and some others. mike@mike-lyons.co.uk