dynamic guitar staff

Discuss general Sibelius issues here. Get help with Sibelius and Sibelius Support.
fiddlebanshee
Sibelius Version: 2024.4
Operating System: Windows

Post by fiddlebanshee » Fri Apr 12, 2024 4:25 pm

I have the newest version of Sibelius. I also have very many files that were created in the last 10+ years that are part of a series, which are all based off of a standard document with all the settings for the file that I need to publish them consistently.

So here's the rub. I wanted to create a new arrangement this time with a guitar notation + tab. So I went about opening my standard file, and saving it under the new name so that all my settings were preserved. Now when I want to add the guitar tab I have lost the instrument option for this file of Acoustic Guitar {tab+notation]. I can add tab and I can add notation but they are not linked dynamically. So .... is there a work around to convert these older files to the new format? Just saving them again will not do it. I do not want to use a housestyle, because that would require that I remember each of the settings, which I might not, and there might be mistakes. Also I've had bad experiences with housestyles in the past.

Any words of wisdom would be greatly appreciated.

Jo

andyg
Sibelius Version: 7.1.3 and 6.2

Post by andyg » Fri Apr 12, 2024 5:06 pm

Of the three people left answering questions on this rather moribund unofficial forum, I can't help you with this one.

The other two might, but I should point out that the official Sibelius forum is here:

http://www.sibelius.com/cgi-bin/helpcen ... ?groupid=3

You'll reach more users there - this place used to be the forum for those using cracked versions!

MikeLyons
Sibelius Version: Ult. 2024.3.1/7.5

Post by MikeLyons » Sat Apr 13, 2024 8:43 am

You can export a house style from an existing file that behaves as you wish and import that style into your new file. That should retain all of your settings. Other than that, as Andy suggested, the official forum is probably the best place. I never use the feature you are asking about as I don't write for guitar.
Sib 6.2, 7.5 and 2024.3.1, Windows 11, 32GB RAM, 16TB 7200RPM Storage, 2TB SSD, Note Performer 4, EWQLSO, EWQLSC, Harmony Assistant and some others. mike@mike-lyons.co.uk