Burning a CD

Discuss general Sibelius issues here. Get help with Sibelius and Sibelius Support.
JM

Post by JM » Wed Jan 07, 2004 12:26 am

Help!!
Some of my elementary string students cannot get access the computer to hear/play along with the music on my web site.

Is it possible for me to burn a CD for them?? When I try to send it to my E drive - the message I receive is the E drive is not accessible.

Thanks, JM

John Philpit

Post by John Philpit » Fri Jan 09, 2004 3:52 pm

In the past, I've burned a CD with some Sibelius WAV files on it, and it was easy as pie. You have to do it in several steps. I'm not sure from your post whether you were trying to write directly to the E: drive from Sibelius, but if so, that is unlikely to work.

Create the output file(s) from Sibelius 3 on your hard drive. Then use a CD burning program to create an audio CD from the file(s). I use Nero Burning ROM because that's what came with the CD-R/RW drive I bought, but I'm sure you can use whatever you have handy. You can also use Real Player. Or if you're running a new OS, like Windows XP (and I'd assume OS X, but I'm not sure) that capability is actually in the OS.

I hope this helps.
John