cross-staff beaming within a single chord

Discuss general Sibelius issues here. Get help with Sibelius and Sibelius Support.
yoyo

Post by yoyo » Wed Jan 28, 2004 7:21 am

A feature I like in Finale is the possibility to apply cross-staff beaming to individual notes in a chord, thereby enabling a spreading out of a large chord across two or more staves while still using only one stem. With Sibelius' cross-staff command I can only move whole chords to different staves, even if only one of the notes is selected.
So, is it possible to apply cross-staff beaming within a single chord in Sibelius?
(I am working with version 3.1.1)

Thanks in advance.

Lurker

Post by Lurker » Thu Jun 24, 2004 10:46 pm

yoyo wrote:, is it possible to apply cross-staff beaming within a single chord in Sibelius?.
You need to fake it. Put the notes you want in the right hand and left hand separately. If necessary, flip stems so they point in the same direction. Then click on the end of the stem of one chord so that a little blue box appears. Drag this to extend the stem so it crosses and joins the other chord.

This works easily for minims & crotchets. For quavers and semiquavers, you have to hide the beam or tail. You can't do this with an ordinary hide - you have to select JUST the beam or flag and press DELETE. This gives you a bare stem, which again you have to click the end of and drag to meet the other chord.

mosaiques

Post by mosaiques » Sun Feb 23, 2020 8:14 pm

I can't believe that this issue is still not being fixed by Sibelius. You need to apply the same workaround to do it, or fake it. :roll: