External MIDI Module not available

Discussion of playback and midi issues go here.
TedDavid

Post by TedDavid » Wed Jul 11, 2018 10:07 pm

Sibelius Ultimate, Windows 10, HP Pavilion 17 Laptop, iRiG Pro USB keyboard, MIDIMAN Uno USB/MIDI Interface to Korg X5DR MIDI Module

The iRiG Pro shows up as the input device, and Sibelius will receive notes from it, albeit with sufficient latency that I cannot use it in Live Playback, because the only available output that is listed is Microsoft GS Wavetable (software) synth.

When I go to the Configuration Dialog, I cannot deactivate the Microsoft GS Wavetable output. The MIDIMAN Uno USB/MIDI Interface is one that shows in the output list in the left-hand pane, but the entire list is greyed out. In James Humberstone's book Sibelius 7 Music Notation Essentials, he states (p.386) that one must deactivate active outputs to activate a new one, however both the activate and deactivate buttons are greyed out, as are all the listed output devices.

Please help,

Ted David
Washington DC

MikeLyons
Sibelius Version: Ult. 2024.3.1/7.5
Operating System: Windows

Post by MikeLyons » Thu Jul 12, 2018 7:37 am

That says to me you are trying to edit an existing configuration, rather than creating a new one. Click the [NEW] button in the configuration dialog before you try to change anything.
Sib 6.2, 7.5 and 2023.6, Windows 11, 32GB RAM, 16TB 7200RPM Storage, 2TB SSD, Note Performer 3.3.2, EWQLSO, EWQLSC, Harmony Assistant and some others. mike@mike-lyons.co.uk