MIDI Device Setup

Discussion of playback and midi issues go here.
honkwok

Post by honkwok » Sun Aug 29, 2004 10:59 pm

Hi all,

I am using Sibelius 3, and I have been spending couple weeks to connect a keyboard (Kawai) to a PC with SoundBlaster Live sound card (Joystick port) through MIDI connection. However, the Sibelius could not receive any MIDI signal, when I tested it. I have chosen the correct device in the Sibelius.

If anyone can help me resolve the problem, he/she is really my HERO!!!...

My questions are:

1. In normal situation, do I need to do any configuration on either the keyboard or PC, such as setting MIDI channels, in order to let them communicate to each other?

2. If you have experience, can you tell me the details steps? Any ticks I need to perform in order to make it work?!...

Thanks

Joe

Daxxus

Post by Daxxus » Wed Sep 08, 2004 4:54 pm

I don't have Sibelius yet (still trying to figure out if it will work for me) -- but I do know a bit about MIDI.

You still need help?

Here is what I would do:
First (the dumb mistake but EVERYONE does it me included) make sure that your OUT and IN are plugged in correctly -- sometime with those sound card cables it is totally counter-intuative
Second what kind of keyboard is it? On some models you actually have to make sure that MIDI info is going out. Sometimes by default it isn't.
Third make sure that if it is sending MIDI that it is the correct channel -- I'm going to try the demo tonight. If the software expects CH 1 and your sending on CH 10 it won't get it.

Hope it works for you.

Post by Guest » Tue Sep 28, 2004 3:11 am

I have a problem. I've bought a keyboard, and it works perfectly with Finale. It also works with Sibelius, but I have to disable EDIROL UM-1. Why doesn't Edirol work with Sibelius? Does anybody know?

Thanks!!!