how to define new instrument?

Discussion of playback and midi issues go here.

Post by Guest » Fri Dec 03, 2004 11:00 pm

say i have a part for both piano and violin, how do i make it such that it's only one staff(i.e. making a new instrument which includes the sound of both piano and violin)?

Lurker

Post by Lurker » Fri Dec 03, 2004 11:42 pm

I can't imagine why you would want to have violin and piano on the same stave. Unless your MIDI device has an instrument called "Violin and Piano" then the best you can do is alternate the two sounds :lol: .

Depending on your setup, you may simply be able to use, say, a violin stave and mark it "Piano" or "Violin" using technique text when needed.

This won't work if, for some reason, these words aren't in the playback dictionary. In this case, use Technique text to send the appropriate MIDI message - ~P0 will give you Piano sounds and ~P40 will give you Violin. If your MIDI device starts counting from 1 rather than 0, use a lower-case p - ~p0 and ~p40.

Anything with ~ in front of it is automatically hidden, but you can see what you've done with View > Hidden Objects.

Post by Guest » Sat Dec 04, 2004 6:29 pm

i'm think something like: i wanna simulate a better organ than the one in the midi playback list, and like the "real" organ, i wanna be able to couple up two or more individual sounds.