Problems with using Sound Sets (Sibelius doesn't find them)

Discussion of playback and midi issues go here.
Danne

Post by Danne » Sun Feb 08, 2009 6:28 pm

Hi!

I'm using SIbelius 5, and I have a problem with sound sets. I've tried placing a sound set in the folder "C:\Users\your username\AppData\Roaming\Sibelius Software\Sibelius 5\Sounds", which should be correct, but Sibelius still doesn't detect them, when I try to choose in "Play/Playback Devices" inside Sibelius. I can only find General Midi, General Midi 2 and Yamaha XG.

What am I doing wrong?

Sebasian

Post by Sebasian » Sun Feb 08, 2009 10:04 pm

Danne wrote: . . . Sibelius still doesn't detect them . . .
Make sure theyhave an .xml extension (at one stage the Sound Set Editor didn't add one).

Danne

Post by Danne » Mon Feb 09, 2009 10:57 am

They have. And it's the same with the official sound sets, so there must be something else...

Sebasian

Post by Sebasian » Mon Feb 09, 2009 11:47 pm

Danne wrote:. . . there must be something else...
Make sure the xml version and File Version are the same in your files as in the current official files.

But perhaps you don't have Sibelius Essentials properly installed? Essentials at least should show a sound set.

Danne

Post by Danne » Tue Feb 10, 2009 6:25 pm

Sebasian wrote:
Danne wrote:. . . there must be something else...
Make sure the xml version and File Version are the same in your files as in the current official files.
I don't really understand what you mean. I tried the official just to see if I could make it work, so it's the latest version. I really wanted to create my own soundset for my SC-8850, but I wanted to check out the feature with soundsets before going through the labour of creating my own (a good idea, it seems...)
But perhaps you don't have Sibelius Essentials properly installed? Essentials at least should show a sound set.
But if I don't want to use Essentials? Do I have to have Essentials installed to use other soundsets?

Anyway, thanks for trying to help me!

9DVD6HD8

Post by 9DVD6HD8 » Thu Aug 15, 2013 7:40 am

I tried the official just to see if I could make it work, so it's the latest version.
Each man is the architect of his own fate.
http://www.audvdmart.com/