Latency

Discussion of playback and midi issues go here.
BK

Post by BK » Thu Oct 16, 2003 10:21 am

I'm running on Windows XP with a Realtek AC97 sound card. Every time I record, there's a sixteenth note delay (latency). I've tried downloading drivers and ASIO(?) Perhaps, I'm not downloading these things correctly or to the proper place. I'm a professional musician, but computer novice. Any ideas would be greatly appreciated. :x

Post by guest » Tue Dec 02, 2003 8:25 am

I´ve the same problem, is there anybody who can help us.
Alex

BK

Post by BK » Fri Dec 26, 2003 3:35 am

In case anyone's wondering, my latency was caused by my synth. I was using a Yamaha S30 (nice board but doesn't have General MIDI sounds). Once I used a cheap Casio with GM all latency problems disappeared.

MIDINUT

Post by MIDINUT » Sat Jan 24, 2004 2:03 pm

I had the same problem and contacted cakewalk.
when i had installed the program there was a corrupt aud file.
not a computer whiz, but they had me delete it and it worked.

Post by Guest » Sun Feb 01, 2004 12:51 am

BK wrote:I'm running on Windows XP with a Realtek AC97 sound card. Every time I record, there's a sixteenth note delay (latency). I've tried downloading drivers and ASIO(?) Perhaps, I'm not downloading these things correctly or to the proper place. I'm a professional musician, but computer novice. Any ideas would be greatly appreciated. :x

Post by Guest » Thu Mar 04, 2004 9:28 am

heyheyhey!!!!! im so happy!!!! look what i found!!!!! everybody in need of asio drivers for the crappy soundcard that caome with your computer TRY THIS!!! whaoo!

http://michael.tippach.bei.t-online.de/ ... index.html

Anonymous wrote:
BK wrote:I'm running on Windows XP with a Realtek AC97 sound card. Every time I record, there's a sixteenth note delay (latency). I've tried downloading drivers and ASIO(?) Perhaps, I'm not downloading these things correctly or to the proper place. I'm a professional musician, but computer novice. Any ideas would be greatly appreciated. :x