Great Annoyance: Default Alterations imported MIDI file

Discussion of playback and midi issues go here.
Pal X

Post by Pal X » Thu Mar 04, 2010 2:46 am

:evil: I cannot believe the guys who program Sibelius know so much about music so as to default the accidental that could be either spelled as dsharp or e flat, as e flat when the key signature is one sharp!!!

I mean, about 99% of the cases if you are in either G major or e minor you would rather want to have a d sharp, yet for some obscure reason the default is E FLAt. So every time I import some MIDI file recorded by my sequencer, I have to spend an awful amount of time dealing with that stupid alterations.

I am really tired of clickin on "respell accidental". Is there ANY WAY TO CHANGE HOW ALL THE DEGREES ARE TAKEN INTO CONSIDERATION BY SIBELIUS? EX GRATIA: if you are in certain tonality, say our e minor, you rather have d sharps and a sharps instead of the ultra-annoying e flats and b flats that make no musical sense whatsoever...

You SHOULD be able to choose, based on the piece you are writing, instead of having some smart ass figuring out it for you in advance... SO BADLY

Thanks in advance for any help...

Pal

dspreadbury

Post by dspreadbury » Mon Mar 08, 2010 2:31 pm

There's no way to influence the default spelling used by MIDI file import at the moment, though this is on our wish list for future versions.

In the meantime, you can try Plug-ins > Accidentals > Simplify Accidentals, which should take care of it for you post facto.