Beginning and End of MIDI Export cut off...

Discussion of playback and midi issues go here.
AndrewReilly

Post by AndrewReilly » Mon Mar 22, 2010 6:22 pm

Hi all,

I've been using Sibelius 4 throughout my college career and LOVE it, especially compared to the alternative (Finale blehhhhhhhhh)

I've been mostly able to troubleshoot the rare technical problem I've had with this program, but I can't find any info out there on this one.

How can I export a MIDI composition for a client without a split second of note material being cut off at the beginning and end?

Thanks so much for any help, it's greatly appreciated!

Andrew

Sebasian

Post by Sebasian » Mon Mar 22, 2010 7:57 pm

AndrewReilly wrote:How can I export a MIDI composition for a client without a split second of note material being cut off at the beginning and end?
I've not encountered this problem before, and I can't imagine how it happens, but you could try adding a blank bar at beginning and end. If timing is important you could make this a very short bar, and hope that it balances out the amount of note truncated.

I have heard of this happening with export to Audio, where it is more understandable, and I suggested a similar solution, but since I've never had the problem you describe I can't guarantee that this fix will work.