Exporting midifiles with click?

Discussion of playback and midi issues go here.
Pehja

Post by Pehja » Thu Dec 02, 2010 7:12 pm

Is there anyone who nows how to export a midi file with a click. I tried to make one extra track but when I choose to export one voice the track is of no use.

Peter

andyg
Sibelius Version: 7.1.3 and 6.2
Operating System: Windows

Post by andyg » Thu Dec 02, 2010 8:49 pm

Create a drum/percussion staff and enter a bar of the required number of beats using a GM wood block or rimshot sound.

I can't see any reason why the resulting track shouldn't export OK.

Remember that your sounds should all be GM, so that the exported MIDI file will play back correctly on all GM devices.

Pehja

Post by Pehja » Thu Dec 02, 2010 10:26 pm

I did that. But the problem is that i want to export the tracks by them selves.
Soprano, alto, tenor and base. I do this for a choir so they can learn the notes quickly. But when there is pause they loose track of where they are.

I also tried to mute the sounds of those tracks that i wasn't going to export. But it took all of the tracks anyway.

andyg
Sibelius Version: 7.1.3 and 6.2

Post by andyg » Thu Dec 02, 2010 11:21 pm

Pehja wrote: But the problem is that i want to export the tracks by them selves.
Not sure what you mean, then.

You want a click track on its own? Then create and export as I described.
You want all the tracks plus the click? No problem, again follow what I said, adding the click track to the 4 parts.
You want each part on its own, with a click? I'd make four pieces, each with the single part plus the click. A bit of cutting and pasting will do this in minutes.

Pehja

Post by Pehja » Fri Dec 03, 2010 9:48 am

Yes thats true, but if you have 20 peaces this is not the way to do it. It would be nice to have somewhere to put an x if you know what i mean. The reason is that I want to be able to send midifiles to pupils so they can listen to the track of what they are about to sing. If there is no beat it is impossible to know where in the piece you are. And when you use dynamic parts you can only choose one part at the time or all at once.

But if there is no way there isn't

Pehja

Post by Pehja » Mon Dec 06, 2010 10:02 am

musictranscriber wrote:Pehja,

For your other inquiry, in the parts window, you can choose to 'Staves in Part' and add more than one staff to a part (in this case add the click track to each part...). Best of luck!!!
Thanks! This solves my problem :-)

philiptalmage
Sibelius Version: 8

Post by philiptalmage » Fri Mar 19, 2021 4:33 pm

I have this problem with Sibelius 8. I wish to add a click track to the MIDI files exported to members of my choir for practice purposes. Unmuting the click track did not help; it still did not appear with MIDI files of the voice parts.
So I created a woodblock track. But this too would not sound in exported MIDI files.
How do I include a click track with MIDI files?