Setting the volume for the entire MIDI & key highlight c

Discussion of playback and midi issues go here.
longtalker

Post by longtalker » Sun Dec 19, 2010 7:02 pm

Hello everyone,

I am a new user of Sibelius First, which I use to help me learn to play (on the piano) various pieces that are available on the Internet in MIDI format. There are a few things I was not able to find out how to do, and I'm hoping someone will be able to help - many thanks in advance! Here goes:

- I noticed some MIDIs have varying volume (loudness) across the piece, such that, for example, at one point the volume of the sound suddenly increases. I looked for a way to set a constant level of volume (loudness) for the whole MIDI track, but could not find how to do that!

- it is sometimes very helpful to see how certain notes in the score map onto the piano keys in the Keyboard view, without necessarily playing the MIDI, and I noticed that if you make a selection of notes (Shift+click), then the keys corresponding to the notes in your selection will light up in the Keyboard view. However, this only seems to work for the bass clef staff, and not for notes in the treble clef staff!

- finally, a question about how the piano keys are highlighted as a MIDI file is played back: is there a way for the keys corresponding to the left hand (bass clef staff) to be highlighted in a different colour from the keys corresponding to the right hand (treble clef staff)? I've noticed sometimes keys *are* already highlighted in two different colours, but this doesn't always correspond to the left/right hands.

Once again, thanks in advance for any replies!

longtalker

Post by longtalker » Tue Jan 04, 2011 6:39 pm

Happy new year everyone, I still haven't figured these things out about Sibelius First, would really appreciate some help, thanks!