I can't transpose!!! Please help

Discussion of playback and midi issues go here.
sparky3883

Post by sparky3883 » Tue Jun 07, 2005 4:12 pm

Hi All.

For sometime now i've been after a piece of music for a Brass Band as a Eb Tenor Horn Solo. The piece of music is Love Of My Life by Queen.
I've searched and searched and searched for this piece but it's IMPOSSIBLE to find. I can't even find this music in any Piano Books - apparently it was never released.

I've managed to get the music as a MIDI file and now i'm looking to get it Transposed to a Brass Band Score and a Eb Tenor Horn Solo.

I tried using Sibelius but my Transposing skills are non-existant.
I was wondering if someone out there would be able to transpose the MIDI file I have into a Brass Band - EbTenor Horn Solo arrangement for me.

I understand this is a really big ask from me but in my opinion, this is one of the nicest songs written and would love to have the honour of being able to play it on my horn with a brass band.

I am willing to pay for this arrangement if it can be done.

Please help Me

Thanks in advance

Mark

kitplayer

Post by kitplayer » Wed Aug 10, 2005 10:58 pm

i'm looking to get it Transposed to a Brass Band Score and a Eb Tenor Horn Solo[/quote]

hahaha, sounds like youre asking me to do your Ba Music 1st year coursework for you :D... unfortunately Ive got to do my own so wont have the time to do yours too :p

but, if its a 4 part piece you have I can talk you through how to do it so youll be able to do it yourself. Its pretty easy coz once you know which instrument goes with the SATB youll be breezing through it

if that would be any help PM me