Midi Device Problem - New User

Discussion of playback and midi issues go here.
jay_meister

Post by jay_meister » Sat Feb 26, 2011 6:12 pm

I have been unable to get MIDI playback on an external device connected to my computer.

I connect the devices to a MIDI interface which has a USB connection to my computer.

This much I know:
- devices work with the interface with other software; so drivers and connectivity don't appear to be the problem.

- in Sibelius, I open the "Playback Devices" window from the "Play Menu." I have added the interface port from "Available devices" to "Active Devices." When I select that output on the "Active Devices" sub-window and click on the "Test" button, I DO hear MIDI tones on my devices and see an activity light flash on my interface.

- That's it. I get no other MIDI playback through Sibelius on that port; no flashing status lights on my interface to indicate data transmission. Computer MIDI playback works fine.

Am I missing some other set-up to get playback on an external device?

Thanks for reading,
theJayMeister

carolinaaram

Post by carolinaaram » Tue Aug 30, 2011 3:27 pm

This happen because when you were transferring the any data from device to pc it may corrupt.
There are many reasons for that.
The connection between them is not properly established.

andyg
Sibelius Version: 7.1.3 and 6.2
Operating System: Windows

Post by andyg » Tue Aug 30, 2011 5:34 pm

You need to have a very careful read through the section of the reference manual that deals with Soundsets, as its these maps that convert what you choose as instruments in Sib to sound choices in your playback instrument. So every device/instrument needs a Soundset.

Unless there's one already made for whatever you've got, you'll have to write it.

Also check out 'manual soundsets' in the reference manual.

garsonharlan

Post by garsonharlan » Mon Sep 12, 2011 6:05 pm

why I need to be carefully ?