No play back sounds Sib 6 (Mac)

Discussion of playback and midi issues go here.
Frejay

Post by Frejay » Tue Mar 01, 2011 3:51 am

Hey Y'all, I've been using sibelius 6 for a couple of months with no problems. About 2 days ago I opened my score and tried to play it and there is no sound. I have gone to Sibelius help website but the remedy they suggest doesn't work. I've googled it, but haven't found anything that actually helps. I did find what looked like a solution, somebody had the same problem and they said they un muted the SW Synth. I've looked through everything i can think of but i don't know where this is located. Is it a pc only thing??

Please, anything that you can suggest would be greatly appreciated!! I rea;;y really need to fix this!!

andyg
Sibelius Version: 7.1.3 and 6.2
Operating System: Windows

Post by andyg » Tue Mar 01, 2011 9:59 am

Not enough info!

What sounds are you trying to use? Audio card? Mixer settings etc.

Frejay

Post by Frejay » Tue Mar 01, 2011 10:19 pm

I don't really know much about computers but I think mixer settings? I am currently writing a score and when I go to add a note manually from the key pad, there is no sound when I click like there usually is. When I go to listen back to what i have written, The cursor moves across the bars, and the mixer responds as if it is playing but there is no sound. I definitely don't have any tracks muted or anything!
When I hit "test" in play back devices nothing happens.

I hope this is enough information I don't know enough about the program to get really in depth >.<

Frejay

Post by Frejay » Sun Mar 06, 2011 1:57 am

Not just one score, but all scores. The opening music plays, but there is no sound when you click a note on the stave or try to play it. I went into playback devices, and for some reason I no longer have Sibelius sounds in there? the only option in configuration is "default" and the only device is UM-1G (type) Midi.
I've never messed around with any of the settings so I don't know why they would have changed. The only thing that I had done differently just before it stopped working working was disconnect my midi keyboard.

Frejay

Post by Frejay » Sun Mar 06, 2011 2:35 am

PROBLEM SOLVED!! I deleted the program using appcleaner and reinstalled. I think a file had corrupted or something.