Transposing MIDI Playback

Discussion of playback and midi issues go here.
clapstul

Post by clapstul » Tue Jun 21, 2011 5:05 pm

Hello everybody,

I'm using Sibelius 6 with Kontakt Player and Chris Hein Horns to create a big band arrangement.

The Problem is that trombone and tenor sax sound one octave, the Bass trombone even two octaves lower than they should. So I have to play a C6 on the bass trombone in order to get a C4. I can arrange the Bass Trombone with thousands of ledger lines, but but it is terrible way to work :-).

So I found the parameter "MIDI Transpose" in Kontakt Player. I've set it to +12 or +24 semitones. It seemed to work - but now the lower ranges of the instruments have been covered by the switch keys. So i can only play the upper part of an instrument!

Third attempt: I created a new instrument calling Bass Trombone and set the written c4 to c6. The playback pitch is correct, but by copying and pasting a passage, I always have to shift the notes for one octave because they get displaced by inserting them! That's enerving...

Is it really so difficult just to tell Sibelius that a written, say G3, should be sent to the playback device as a g4? Is there abslutely no transposing parameter like in cubase or logic??

Kirkl

Post by Kirkl » Sun Sep 04, 2011 1:03 pm

I have the same problem. Anybody?