Tracks sent from ProTools open with incorrect note heads

Discussion of playback and midi issues go here.
GMiller

Post by GMiller » Mon Jun 27, 2011 1:20 pm

Some tracks sent from Pro Tools to Sibelius open with incorrect note heads and/or incorrect notes. These parts are a mess, beyond editing. But other tracks from the same session open just fine without problems. The same thing happens if I export the ProTools track as a midi file and then open that in Sibelius. Any suggestions?
Thanks

dnuttall

Post by dnuttall » Mon Aug 22, 2011 11:39 am

GMiller wrote:Some tracks sent from Pro Tools to Sibelius open with incorrect note heads and/or incorrect notes. These parts are a mess, beyond editing. But other tracks from the same session open just fine without problems. The same thing happens if I export the ProTools track as a midi file and then open that in Sibelius. Any suggestions?
Thanks
I've been trying to leverage a Yamaha Motif XS-8 -> ProTools 9.x and it's captured as MIDI. I find that if I use the ProTools "Score Edit" and THEN save/export to Sibelius 6.2 that everything is quite pristine.

On the other hand, I've never had much success importing multi-instrument MIDI into Sibelius without first importing the MIDI into ProTools as "regions" then putting each region on it's own track, go to Score Edit and export.

It may not be the ideal/text-book (if such exists!) method, but it's what I use at the moment.

My use for it is to quickly transcribe gospel (southern/country style) recordings to notation and/or try to create accompaniment tracks for very old songs which have neither sheet music or reasonably available accompaniment tracks for amateur singers/groups to use in their ministries.

Ideally, I'd like to create "Band-In-A-Box" quality but it's very time-consuming. Since I'm completely retired, I have time, but seems like I squander a lot of time with trial-and-error methods!

Dave Nuttall
South Texas Gospel Music Assn.
San Antonio, TX