importing drum midi from logic to sibelius

Discussion of playback and midi issues go here.
dougo258

Post by dougo258 » Thu Jul 21, 2011 5:08 pm

I love creating tracks in logic. I then want to export those tracks and import them into Sibelius...sounds simple..and it is for everything except for drum tracks.
I have spent the last 2 days online with Sibelius and Apple and neither of them can help me.
Sibelius says that I need to export my midi track on midi channel 10. I do that and it still does not work when I import.
Can anyone help me with the steps needed to export a drum track from logic and then import it into Sibelius so that it actually notates it correctly using drum notation?
Sibelius also said that they were able to take my midi file (which apple says the channel is irrelevant) and change the channel using a windows utility. They won't tell me what that utility is and plus I am using a mac. How can I change the midi channel outside of logic - since logic is not doing it for me? Is there something I can download? Sibelius changed the midi channel externally and voila...it imported perfectly. Any ideas?
I am tired of the 50 e mails back and for with sibelius and them not fully answering ANY of my questions. Thank you