Sibelius 7,

Discussion of playback and midi issues go here.
brandon9325

Post by brandon9325 » Sat Sep 17, 2011 4:20 am

I'm attempting to write a marching drumline cadence, and the program says that in Sibelius 7 they have 'a selection of sounds from the brand new Rumble and Fanfare libraries from Sample Logic.' I even listened to a sample cadence made in Sibelius 7, and the sounds are exactly what I was looking for. The problem is that when I try to make a cadence and input notes, the sounds are not like marching drumline sounds at all; for example, the snare sounds like a concert snare and so on. As I understood, the demo should include everything the full version does for the 30 days (and I just got it today). I selected several different kinds of scores such as "Drum corps, battery", "Percussion corps 1", etc. under Marching Band and Percussion and they are all wrong. Do you know what I have to do to select the right sounds? I used Sibelius 6 for a while, but am not yet familiar with all the aspects of Sibelius 7, so if you have a step by step way of selecting the correct sounds, that would be more than appreciated. Thanks in advance!

andyg
Sibelius Version: 7.1.3 and 6.2
Operating System: Windows

Post by andyg » Sat Sep 17, 2011 9:41 am

You did also download and install the separate Sibelius Sounds library, didn't you? And, if so, you did set up your scores to a configuration that uses that library?

brandon9325

Post by brandon9325 » Sat Sep 17, 2011 5:41 pm

Yes, I updated the Sibelius 7 Sounds, now I just do not know where to find them in order to use them. I have the playback configured to Sibelius 7 Sounds, but now there are no sounds from any of the notes and I do not know how to change this.