Sibelius 7 and MIDI messages editor

Discussion of playback and midi issues go here.
ricardo1

Post by ricardo1 » Tue Oct 18, 2011 8:34 pm

Hi everyone,

I'm curretly having problems working with Midi messages and such with sibelius 7. I searched for the midi implementation chart for the built-in sibelius player, but didn't find anything related, except for little information in the reference guide.
Does anyone knows where can I find the specifications for the control changes (among other MIDI paramenters) when using sibelius 7 sounds with the built-in Sibelius Player?

In a related matter, I'm thinking of working with a VST instrument; but I'm afraid of not having enough control over the Midi messages that Sibelius automatically send to the VST instrument.
Anyway, 2 solutions have occurred to me: 1) I could use a VST Midi effect to process the Midi messages before routing them to the VST instrument and so overriding the way certain effects are played or 2)Use a DAW or tracker-like program to see what Midi messages Sibelius send and edit them only if neccesary (if a problem is identified) in the same score using manual Midi messages. (In the latter method all corrections are made in the same Sibelius environment after using a program to check the complete Midi messages been sent to the Midi device). I need great manipulation capabilities over effects that Sibelius had not implemented or could be modified for better beyond the limited possibilities of the playback dictionary.
What DAW or tracker would be better for seen the complete Midi messages been sent from Sibelius (including system messages)?

Thanks to all