Sibelius7 + JABB3: how to play Snare stim rolling sound?

Discussion of playback and midi issues go here.
Jerome_F

Post by Jerome_F » Fri Oct 28, 2011 3:26 pm

Hi,

maybe one of you had the chance to experience Garritan Jabb3+Sibelius7:

If I'm using Sibelius with Sibelius sounds - in order to hear the continuing snare stim rolling brush - I just need to use the snare note with notation type="shape note 5" (or alt+shift+20).

When I open sibelius7 and choose instrument from Jabb3 - I have no problems with pitched sounds, but when I choose unpitch sounds like drums -
there is no connection between the note that I choose on sibelius and the actual note played on the Jabb3.

Therefore - when using Jabb sound "01-Brush Drum set 1", If I press on the Aria engine on note C#1 - I can hear the beutiful continuing stim brush rolling snare,

but none of the notes in Sibelius7 generates this C#1 note inside Aria - JABB.

After reading the JABB User manual -

I tried several ways to produce this sound by sending ~C1 message or trying adding "BRSH" to the note, even played with the allocation of the sameples Engine inside sibelius - but none seems to work.

My questions are:

1) Does anyone could generate this stim snare sound from Sibelius?

BTW, There are other JABB drum notes in the Aria engine that I couldn't generate through Sibelius.

2) Is there anyway to map the drums keys chromatically in parrallel to the real keys of the Garritan JABB?

I mean - when choosing the note "C#1" in Sibelius -

it will actually play the sound of this note in JABB?

D will play D, etc...
I know it will look redicilous if a drummer will try to read the notes, but in case I'm not going to use a real drummer... :)

Please help

thanks in advance

Jerome