Sib7 + GPO-VST: mixer issue

Discussion of playback and midi issues go here.
frankinbahia

Post by frankinbahia » Sat Nov 26, 2011 9:59 pm

I’m a fugitive from Finale, trying out Sib7 (trial) with my GPO-4 VST. Everything works fine, with one big exception: When I try to change an initial channel or instrument in the Mixer, ALL of the channels instantly empty out to “unallocated”! When I reload the score, everything works fine (and the GPO plays properly). But when I try to change an assignment in the Mixer . . . same problem: ALL assignments (all channels) are instantly wiped out.

Looking forward to some suggestions. So far, I’m blown away with Sibelius’ capabilities and interface . . . light years beyond Finale.

Thanks!
Frank
(in Brazil)

Sibelius 7.0.3b63 (still in trial)
Win7/64
AMD Athlon 3.1ghz
4gb RAM
GPO 4.0

frankinbahia

Post by frankinbahia » Mon Nov 28, 2011 5:39 pm

Solved it . . . though not totally sure how.
On the Garritan site, I found a newer version of the ARIA Player (for Win7-64), downloaded and installed it. (On the site, they speak of the older version "crashing" GPO if used in Win7/64, but that's not what I was experiencing.) At first, I thought I still had the same problem, as described in my post. But I discovered that even with all the channels showing "unallocated" after making a change, when you hit Play, they all instantly pop back, including the change, and GPO responds instantly. I'm therefore not sure if it would have worked this way the old ARIA Player.

At any rate, back in business.