No input devices

Discussion of playback and midi issues go here.
Distephano

Post by Distephano » Wed Feb 22, 2012 4:23 pm

Hello.

I've just bought M-Audio Keystation Mini 32 with Sibelius First 6.2 (both as a set).
But I have a problem with Sibelius.
It doesn't see my Keystation.

I tried to download the drivers from M-Audio site but it's written that it's "easy plug-and-play operation with your computer" so there are no drivers.
My PC found Keystation and installed some kind of basic drivers for MIDI controller. When I plug it in via USB the buttons are glowing so the device itself seems to work properly.

Following File-->Preferences-->Input Devices
shows that there's no any device listed there. The Find new input devices button changes nothing.

I use Windows XP.
I have ASIO4ALL v2 drivers installed.

Any help?
It would be ridiculous to sell such set (Keystation+Sibelius) that won't work together at all.

Thanks in advance.

Distephano

Post by Distephano » Thu Feb 23, 2012 1:00 pm

I've found out that my Windows XP recognized my M-Audio Keystation Mini 32 as USB Audio Device instead of MIDI controller.
Just uninstalled my Keystation.
Any suggestions how to force Windows XP to recognize my Keystation as a MIDI device?

Distephano

Post by Distephano » Thu Feb 23, 2012 11:22 pm

Gained some info at official M-Audio forum and now I know that M-Audio Kyestation Mini 32 should be recognized as USB audio device. That's how Microsoft Windows XP SP3 sees MIDI controlers.

But the fact that Sibelius can't see it as input device is still a mystery for me.

Distephano

Post by Distephano » Fri Feb 24, 2012 4:46 pm

New and final info.
I tried to use this keyboard an Sibelius First trial at my GF's PC with Windows 7 and everything works just fine.
Something's just wrong with my system (an original one btw :P ).

Maybe I'll try to reinstall my soundcard drivers?
Or just buy Windows 7?

Anyway the topic is closed :)

Distephano

Post by Distephano » Fri Feb 24, 2012 5:51 pm

WOW!

I would never expect of such solution!
In a similar topic at M-Audio forum I've finally received a solution.

The problem was a conflict between M-Audio keyboards and Logitech Webcam drivers at Windows XP system!
Shocking but true.
After uninstalling Logitech Webcam drivers everything's working just fine.

I'm still in shock but happy :)