EWQL Symphonic Orchestra Sound Set Not Working...

Discussion of playback and midi issues go here.
LucidusAtra

Post by LucidusAtra » Thu May 22, 2014 1:57 am

Hi everyone,
I'm a new Sibelius user. I have the EastWest Quantum Leap Symphonic Orchestra Gold library, and have been trying to get it to work with Sibelius 7.5, to no avail. I've purchased the sound set, and have followed the instructions TO THE LETTER.

Here's what I've done:

-I created a "Sounds" folder in "C:/Users/<name>/AppData/Roaming/Avid/Sibelius 7.5" and placed "EWQLSO [Play] v3.xml" into the folder.

-I placed "[SSP] EWQLSO [Play] v3 (7).sib" into the "Manuscript Paper" folder.

-I placed "EWQLSO v3.xml" into the "Playback Configurations" folder.

-I placed "EWQLSO [Play] v3 (7).lib" into the "House Styles" folder.

-I placed the entire "z - Sibelius Multis v3 (PLAY 3)" folder into my "Gold Instruments" folder (Located at "Z:/Program Files (x86)/EWQL Symphonic Orchestra Gold/Gold Instruments")

Supposedly, this should be the entire installation process. However, when I create a new score and go to the Play -> Setup area, I select "Play - EWQLSO v3" (in the dropdown menu next to "configuration") and find that, under "Available Devices," only "Microsoft GS Wavetable Synth - MIDI" and "Sibelius Player - Sibelius" are available. I believe that "Play" is supposed to be one of the devices listed here, and it's not. The playback under this sound setting is still the normal Sibelius soundset (when I activate "Sibelius Player" -- When I activate Microsoft GS Wavetable Synth, it's general midi, and when I don't activate either, I get no playback.)

I believe this may have something to do with the fact that I have my Symphonic Orchestra library installed on the Z drive rather than on the C drive. I just don't have room for it on C. I can still open up the Play software, load up any of the virtual instruments, and hear what they're supposed to sound like using Play's on-screen virtual keyboard.

Any suggestions? I'd REALLY like to get this working.