Flute trills or staccatos but no trill or staccato indicated

Discussion of playback and midi issues go here.
wfeg
Sibelius Version: 8.5.1
Operating System: Windows

Post by wfeg » Fri Apr 21, 2017 5:56 am

In some parts of my composition, the flute part starts to trill when there is no trill indicated, and in other parts, the flute staccatos when a slur is indicated.

To track down this problem, I have done the following:
1) Changed the Audio engine, but this made no difference.
2) Deleted the whole bars giving problems, and re-entered them, but this made no difference.
3) Changed Sibelius Player from Flute 1 to Flute 2, but this made no difference.
4) Placed a trill on the note prior to the trill problem, and then removed it, but this made no difference.

What is going on? Can anyone assist here? I have never met this problem before.
Attachments
Flute sounds with a trill, but none indicated.jpg
Flute sounds with a trill, but none indicated.jpg (28.83 KiB) Viewed 4295 times

bobp

Post by bobp » Fri Apr 21, 2017 2:45 pm

Copy and paste the entire flute part into a new flute only score. If the new score plays properly, delete the flute from the original score and copy the second flute line back into the original score. This works, sometimes, when some kind of corruption happens.
There's no understanding flute players :)
Bob Porter
Sibelius 7.5, W10,i5,16 GB ram,desktop

MikeLyons
Sibelius Version: Ult. 2024.3.1/7.5
Operating System: Windows

Post by MikeLyons » Sun Dec 10, 2017 8:54 am

There is a known issue with trills.If there is a trill earlier in the part, it is possible for random trills to play in later measures. Try putting a hidden ~nat. after any previous trill which sometimes works.
Sib 6.2, 7.5 and 2023.6, Windows 11, 32GB RAM, 16TB 7200RPM Storage, 2TB SSD, Note Performer 3.3.2, EWQLSO, EWQLSC, Harmony Assistant and some others. mike@mike-lyons.co.uk