metronome/beat is uneven in playback

Discussion of playback and midi issues go here.
belinda
Sibelius Version: 8.4.1
Operating System: Mac

Post by belinda » Sun Aug 19, 2018 6:17 am

The pulse sounds as uneven as a hand wound crank during playback. I only use Sibelius to make charts and play along with them, everything is manually entered via my computer. No live recording. Have I inadvertently changed something? I copied all of the notation and pasted to a new file and the problem persists. Any help appreciated

MikeLyons
Sibelius Version: Ult. 2024.3.1/7.5
Operating System: Windows

Post by MikeLyons » Sun Aug 19, 2018 8:22 am

Turn off sibelius' interpretation feature. Set eveything to meccanico/straight. If there are words anywhere that say things like Waltz/Valse/swing etc turn off all their play on pass boxes in the inspector. Check your playback device to make sure you are using the one with the least latency.
Sib 6.2, 7.5 and 2023.6, Windows 11, 32GB RAM, 16TB 7200RPM Storage, 2TB SSD, Note Performer 3.3.2, EWQLSO, EWQLSC, Harmony Assistant and some others. mike@mike-lyons.co.uk

belinda
Sibelius Version: 8.4.1
Operating System: Mac

Post by belinda » Mon Aug 20, 2018 2:57 am

Thank you Mike. I had set everything back to mechanico and default settings a few times. The problem still persisted.
Actually feel a bit silly because I didn't do the first thing I should have tried before any other. I turned off my computer and restarted it. And that fixed it. Smiling through clenched teeth.