Congas [2 lines] playback issue (NotePerformer)

Discussion of playback and midi issues go here.
sibelius8art
Sibelius Version: 8
Operating System: Mac

Post by sibelius8art » Mon Aug 19, 2019 4:12 am

Hey everyone! How do I make congas play the assigned articulation? When I edit the Staff Type in Home>Instruments>Edit Instrument>Edit Staff Type to see the Sibelius notation-sound relationships, it shows that the "+" (Plus/Closed) notation is set to play a certain sound, but it won't play it during playback. Also, when I edit the articulation sounds in Play>Dictionary>Articulations>Plus/Closed in Sound ID change, I have no idea what to set it to.

I use NotePerformer.

Any help appreciated!

MikeLyons
Sibelius Version: Ult. 2024.3.1/7.5
Operating System: Windows

Post by MikeLyons » Mon Aug 19, 2019 6:09 am

Just because a sound/articulation is in the staff definition doesn't mean it is available in your library. If you are using sib 7 sounds, I have a feeling that different articulations are not available for congas.

Sorry, just realised you're using NP:

The only effect of + is to make the lower note (g) sound lower than the d (without it, it sounds higher).
Using notehead 1 (cross) I get a flat hand sound on both pitches. None of the other noteheads I have tried (not exhaustive) make any sound.
Sib 6.2, 7.5 and 2023.6, Windows 11, 32GB RAM, 16TB 7200RPM Storage, 2TB SSD, Note Performer 3.3.2, EWQLSO, EWQLSC, Harmony Assistant and some others. mike@mike-lyons.co.uk