Newly installed sibelius ultimate sound issues

Discussion of playback and midi issues go here.
FranPoul
Sibelius Version: 7
Operating System: Mac

Post by FranPoul » Mon Jul 06, 2020 1:26 am

Hi all,

So I just bought a new laptop replacing an 8 year old one that was running Sib 7. So I’ve had to upgrade to Sib Ultimate and downloaded and installed it tonight. When I went into the software and tried to play something back, the only options were a few SIb 7 sounds, Sib 6, and general midi. Is this it? Or should the 26GB it sounds I downloaded actually given me something else? I was expected a Sibelius Ultimate option?

Thanks in advance for all help!

FranPoul

MikeLyons
Sibelius Version: Ult. 2024.3.1/7.5
Operating System: Windows

Post by MikeLyons » Mon Jul 06, 2020 7:31 am

Hi FranPaul. If your laptop had been a windows machine, you could have kept your old Sib 7. (Jus' sayin')

So, as to your problem. Check that the upgrade (which I assume was from scratch) hasn't changed the setting for virtual instruments to "Common Instruments" rather than "All Instruments."

As to the library itself, that hasn't changed since Sib 7.5 The download should have been 23.35GB for Mac. After downloading, you have to unzip the file before running the exe. Did you set your laptop to not go into hibernation?sleep during the download? What is the actual size of the zipped download?

Again, there is NO sibelius ultimate sounds.

If you want better/more sounds at a very reasonable price, I can highly recommend NotePerformer.
Sib 6.2, 7.5 and 2023.6, Windows 11, 32GB RAM, 16TB 7200RPM Storage, 2TB SSD, Note Performer 3.3.2, EWQLSO, EWQLSC, Harmony Assistant and some others. mike@mike-lyons.co.uk