Piano Left Hand mysteriously stops playing at a certain measure

Discussion of playback and midi issues go here.
JeebsFat
Sibelius Version: 2020.6
Operating System: Windows

Post by JeebsFat » Thu Oct 01, 2020 6:29 pm

Can anyone tell me why the piano left hand stops playing in measure 122? When I click the notes, they sound. During play back they stop sounding part way into measure 122. If I delete the measures or the notes, the point at which the playback stops is moved further back (toward the beginning) in the score.

I'm on Windows 10 using Sibelius Ultimate 2020.6 with NotePerformer3.

Here's a link to my Sibelius file:
https://drive.google.com/file/d/1bV3Rq7 ... sp=sharing

Thanks for any help!

MikeLyons
Sibelius Version: Ult. 2024.3.1/7.5

Post by MikeLyons » Fri Oct 02, 2020 7:13 am

I have the same setup as you, but I do not experience the issue.

Maybe because I reset the mixer? To me, your mixing was a bit odd.

The master fader was nearly at the bottom, but your NP faders were right up against the top stop! Your best control comes from having the master fader at a moderate height and then use the track faders to control each staff. The NP faders really are for control of more than one NP instance at a time. All of your instruments fit into ONE NP instance so having all of the NP faders at the top makes no sense.

Your piano cannot play different dynamics in each hand AT THE SAME TIME. If you want to be able to do this, you need to set up the piano as shown in the attached, which is in File-->Preferences-->Playback.. (It will only work if you restart playback after making the change.) Or, better still for fine control, make a piano grand staff from two separate staves called piano. Then you will have complete control.
Attachments
keyboard slots.png
keyboard slots.png (7.98 KiB) Viewed 5892 times
Sib 6.2, 7.5 and 2023.6, Windows 11, 32GB RAM, 16TB 7200RPM Storage, 2TB SSD, Note Performer 3.3.2, EWQLSO, EWQLSC, Harmony Assistant and some others. mike@mike-lyons.co.uk

RickThomas
Sibelius Version: 2021.2.0

Post by RickThomas » Thu Jul 08, 2021 4:40 pm

I had a similar problem -- see viewtopic.php?f=7&t=72313.

I just took a look at your score. When I removed the appoggiaturas in bars 85, 86, 93 and 94, or replaced them with acciaccaturas, the problem went away.

I know it's been several months since your original post, but I hope this helps you.

-- R