Pasting parts into other parts causes a pitch slip

Discussion of playback and midi issues go here.
baton999
Sibelius Version: Ultimate
Operating System: Mac

Post by baton999 » Sat Nov 21, 2020 8:17 am

Hi, all - I've been a Sibelius fan forever, now using Sibelius Ultimate. Recently, i've notice any time I paste one instrument idea (several notes) into a different instrument, (Clarinet into Tenor Sax) one of the several instruments I'm using goes about a quarter tone flat. Sound like a French accordion on a wet day.

I've using an Impact CX 48 midi controller and, at first, thought I'd bumped the portamento knob, but that wasn't the problem. The only way I can stop this is to quit Sibelius and restart, not very time-productive.

Also, if I go to another chart, it's find. It only seems to affect the chart in which I made the paste. I'm using just Sibelius Sounds 7, nothing exotic.

Any thoughts? Thanks in advance...

Bo Ayars

MikeLyons
Sibelius Version: Ult. 2024.3.1/7.5
Operating System: Windows

Post by MikeLyons » Sat Nov 21, 2020 8:23 am

Does it still happen if you completely disconnect the MIDI controller? Sometimes they can send control messages randomly. Check your MIDI leads/USB lead for continuity. Have you changed any device settings recently?
Sib 6.2, 7.5 and 2023.6, Windows 11, 32GB RAM, 16TB 7200RPM Storage, 2TB SSD, Note Performer 3.3.2, EWQLSO, EWQLSC, Harmony Assistant and some others. mike@mike-lyons.co.uk