Playback accounts for deleted time signatures

Discussion of playback and midi issues go here.
musimind
Sibelius Version: Ultimate
Operating System: Windows

Post by musimind » Sat Dec 12, 2020 2:20 am

Hello,

A recent composition I was working on required it to be in 'free time'. I still wanted bars however so what I ended up doing was creating a very large amount of beats per bar. This way no matter how many notes I needed per bar, I was covered. I just had to go back and delete all the rests and realign all the bars.

In short, the score looks great visually. The problem is with playback. Even though I deleted all the rests, the score still thinks that they are there and takes this into account when playing back. In other words, there are many silences, where the rests are being 'played back'.

Does anybody know of a way to keep my score as it is, but be able to play back just what I see?

Thanks.

MikeLyons
Sibelius Version: Ult. 2024.3.1/7.5
Operating System: Windows

Post by MikeLyons » Sat Dec 12, 2020 8:39 am

The manual clearly states that this will happen if you delete rests. Split the bars and rejoin them so that there are no rests. Just deleting them does not remove them from the music as you will see if you copy/paste the music to a new staff. The rests will reappear.
Sib 6.2, 7.5 and 2023.6, Windows 11, 32GB RAM, 16TB 7200RPM Storage, 2TB SSD, Note Performer 3.3.2, EWQLSO, EWQLSC, Harmony Assistant and some others. mike@mike-lyons.co.uk