No Dynamics Plugin

Discussion of playback and midi issues go here.
Falstaff
Sibelius Version: 2021.2 build 3268
Operating System: Mac

Post by Falstaff » Tue Apr 13, 2021 8:21 pm

I had and used Sibelius 7 for years.
A few days ago I bought a new Sibelius. I "" think "" it is Sibelius 7 - why don't they just write on the program. Mine says: Sibelius version 2021.2 build 3268.
I bought this version so that I could use Noteperformer, which didn't work at all with my older version.
Anyway, here's my question:
I opened an old score (for orchestra) where I used the cres/decres plugin quite a bit on the hairpins.
I wanted to use this plugin again but... It's not there. it's not anywhere...!!
Does anyone know what's happening...?
Thanks very much

MikeLyons
Sibelius Version: Ult. 2024.3.1/7.5
Operating System: Windows

Post by MikeLyons » Wed Apr 14, 2021 8:28 am

1. NotePerformer works perfectly well with all versions of Sibelius (I have it running with both 7.5 and 6.2 on Windows 10

2. If you have bought Sibelius, after having had Sibelius 7.x, you have seriously downgraded. Sibelius 2021.2 is the equivalent of the old Sibelius|First, which has extremely limited capabilities. Your sib 7 is much more powerful than what you now have. You are far from being the first person who fell for this scam. (I say that because Avid, who own Sibelius, don't seem to want to acknowledge that people keep buying the wrong version of Sibelius). In order to maintain your level of Sibelius, you need to buy the product called Sibelius ULTIMATE.

3. Sibelius (and the newly named Sibelius|First - which is even more limited than the original Sib|First) cannot use external VST instruments. It comes with a very limited version of Sibelius Sounds, but that's your lot. It also cannot use extra plugins other han the ones it ships with.

I don't know what OS you use, but here's some advice. If you are on windows, persevere with your sib 7. NP will work happily with it if you install it properly. If you are on a mac you are advised NOT to move to any OS later than Mojave as earlier versions of Sib will not work with the latest Mac OSs at all.

If you can tell me why NP wouldn't work previously I will try to help you get it set up properly.
Sib 6.2, 7.5 and 2023.6, Windows 11, 32GB RAM, 16TB 7200RPM Storage, 2TB SSD, Note Performer 3.3.2, EWQLSO, EWQLSC, Harmony Assistant and some others. mike@mike-lyons.co.uk