Can't Overwrite Existing MP3 Files

Discussion of playback and midi issues go here.
baton999
Sibelius Version: Ultimate
Operating System: Mac

Post by baton999 » Fri Apr 16, 2021 7:18 pm

Hi - I'm using the latest version of Sibelius with Sibelius Sounds, and I've just installed Noteperformer. Now, when I make an edit to a piece, even saving it as a different title (Revision), and whether I use the Sibelius or NotePerformer sounds, I'm unable to overwrite the existing MP3. I continually get the original MP3, not the edited one. The only work-around I've found is to save it as a .wav, and convert that into an MP3. Any suggestions? Thanks in advance for any advice...

Bo Ayars

MikeLyons
Sibelius Version: Ult. 2024.3.1/7.5
Operating System: Windows

Post by MikeLyons » Fri Apr 16, 2021 8:01 pm

Make absolutely sure that the mp3 isn't open in another application when you are trying to over-write it. If there has been some corruption of the file (can happen to anyone) try deleting the specific mp3 using your OS (Windows/MacOS).

If it won't do it that way, try a restart of your machine to make sure all handles to the file are closed and try again.
Sib 6.2, 7.5 and 2023.6, Windows 11, 32GB RAM, 16TB 7200RPM Storage, 2TB SSD, Note Performer 3.3.2, EWQLSO, EWQLSC, Harmony Assistant and some others. mike@mike-lyons.co.uk