instrument change: how to creat additional mixer slot

Discussion of playback and midi issues go here.
moritzkeller1
Sibelius Version: 8.2
Operating System: Windows

Post by moritzkeller1 » Fri Feb 04, 2022 10:17 pm

When I change instruments within one stave via "instrument change", sibelius doesn't creat an additional mixer slot. In the settings of my sound library plugin "Aria Player" I can see on what channel the second instrument was created, but I'm not able to mix the two instruments (eg. Tenor Saxophone + Clarinet) seperately as they share one slot. Mixing the sound within Aria Player unfortunately is not an option as it won't be saved when leaving the settings. I also don't like the idea to mix the instruments via expression text or to creat a second stave for the new instrument, copy paste the notes to it and hide this additional stave. Is there a way to still do it via the mixer?
Example.jpg
Example.jpg (61.43 KiB) Viewed 5555 times
Thank you for your help and time,
Moritz :)

MikeLyons
Sibelius Version: Ult. 2024.3.1/7.5

Post by MikeLyons » Sat Feb 05, 2022 8:18 am

The only way you will get an extra mixer slot is if you create your alternative instrument on a separate staff. You can create a part (when you've finished writing) by doing Parts-->New Part and adding your linked parts into it. Then you'll need to format the part by hiding hidden staves where one instrument or the other doesn't play. You will also need to hide the staves in the score and create a separate staff with both parts copied onto it.

Whether you like it or not, Sibelius is NOT a DAW. It's a scoring program. It is intended for creating musical scores on paper, not as a mixing unit or sequencer.
Last edited by MikeLyons on Mon Feb 07, 2022 5:41 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Sib 6.2, 7.5 and 2023.6, Windows 11, 32GB RAM, 16TB 7200RPM Storage, 2TB SSD, Note Performer 3.3.2, EWQLSO, EWQLSC, Harmony Assistant and some others. mike@mike-lyons.co.uk

moritzkeller1
Sibelius Version: 8.2

Post by moritzkeller1 » Mon Feb 07, 2022 2:03 pm

Thank you MikeLyons!