GPO Sounds not loading via mixer

Discussion of playback and midi issues go here.
moritzkeller1
Sibelius Version: 8.2
Operating System: Windows

Post by moritzkeller1 » Sun Mar 27, 2022 3:46 pm

Hi there,

I've downloaded Garritan Personal Orchestra 5 last week and I'm having some issues loading the sounds with Sibelius. I have been using Garritan Bigband before and haven't had any of those issues. The Problem with GPO is following: If I choose a certain sound for my Instrument (e.G. "Viola Ks Solo") via the mixer slot, the display of the mixer slot says "Viola Ks Solo", but there is no sound if I start the Playback. When I open the plugin settings of Aria Player, I can see that all channels are still empty. So there seems to be a problem between Sibelius and the Aria Player communicating. I can however open the sounds via the Aria Player settings and it will work perfectly. But when I close the session and reopen it later, the sounds will be cleared and I have to choose them again for each session, which is pretty anoying. I attached an image showing the problem.

Does anyone have a solution?
thank you so much,
Moritz
Attachments
Aria Player Example.jpg
Aria Player Example.jpg (66.44 KiB) Viewed 5974 times

MikeLyons
Sibelius Version: Ult. 2024.3.1/7.5

Post by MikeLyons » Sun Mar 27, 2022 7:04 pm

The main problem you will have with GPO5 is that there is no finished soundset for it. AFAIK, that last soundset written for a Garritan product was for GPO4.
Sib 6.2, 7.5 and 2023.6, Windows 11, 32GB RAM, 16TB 7200RPM Storage, 2TB SSD, Note Performer 3.3.2, EWQLSO, EWQLSC, Harmony Assistant and some others. mike@mike-lyons.co.uk

moritzkeller1
Sibelius Version: 8.2

Post by moritzkeller1 » Mon Mar 28, 2022 9:32 am

Thank you MikeLyons. Thats really sad and unexpected. Can you recommend other orchestra libraries which are more compartible with sibelius?

Greets, Moritz

MikeLyons
Sibelius Version: Ult. 2024.3.1/7.5

Post by MikeLyons » Mon Mar 28, 2022 10:47 am

Unless you are writing jazz or pop music, NotePerformer gives really good results right out of the box.

All other orchestras I know of require soundsets to allow full use. There are some available for EWQL and Vienna Symphonic, but other than that, not really. Jonathan Loving has not made any new soundsets for a while (2014), though his website is still up and working https://www.soundsetproject.com/, it hasn't been updated in quite a while.
Sib 6.2, 7.5 and 2023.6, Windows 11, 32GB RAM, 16TB 7200RPM Storage, 2TB SSD, Note Performer 3.3.2, EWQLSO, EWQLSC, Harmony Assistant and some others. mike@mike-lyons.co.uk