sib ultimate not playing

Discussion of playback and midi issues go here.
stevenschuster
Sibelius Version: ultimate
Operating System: Mac

Post by stevenschuster » Mon May 30, 2022 7:09 pm

Can't even get the sib. file to show here. "Invalid file extension: 9th vocal sub.sib " The icon opens in Sibultimate 2022. So, I can't even get the file on here to seek help.. I detest this Avid destruction of a once wonderful program. I will have to wait for help with this "sending the file problem", befor trying to actually getting help with the playback issue.

I'm at my (half) wit's end. Any help would be appreciated.

Mac, os 12.4

Steven

MikeLyons
Sibelius Version: Ult. 2024.3.1/7.5
Operating System: Windows

Post by MikeLyons » Mon May 30, 2022 9:12 pm

Firstly, you can't post .sib files here. However, I'm happy for you to send it to me via email (address in my signature) with an explanation of the problem so that I can try to help you.

Be aware that this forum, despite its name, is not an official Avid Sibelius forum. For many years it was a haven for people with cracked copies of the program and then, until the start of lockdown, was largely moribund. We are just users like yourself but with a long experience of Sibelius that we use to help people. There are only a few of us here, but we're happy to help anyone who needs it.
Sib 6.2, 7.5 and 2023.6, Windows 11, 32GB RAM, 16TB 7200RPM Storage, 2TB SSD, Note Performer 3.3.2, EWQLSO, EWQLSC, Harmony Assistant and some others. mike@mike-lyons.co.uk