playback won't.

Discussion of playback and midi issues go here.
stevenschuster
Sibelius Version: ultimate
Operating System: Mac

Post by stevenschuster » Mon Jan 15, 2024 12:38 am

Sib. ultimate, I Click on individual notes, they play. try the transport, either the panal,
or menu, nothing, no motion, no sound. Please help. Also, how does anyone find switching, working in Dorico? After 40 or more years (?), Sibelius is driving me, not to drink, but to some non-avid program. Thanks for putting up with my rage.

Steven Schuster

MikeLyons
Sibelius Version: Ult. 2024.3.1/7.5
Operating System: Windows

Post by MikeLyons » Mon Jan 15, 2024 10:45 am

Hi Steven and happy new year.
"Ultimate " is no longer sufficient description for your sib version. Since apple [spit,] have been mucking about with their OSs, we need to know your EXACT version. Eg, mine is Ultimate 2023.11.1.
The same thing applies to your mac os. Are you on sonoma, sierra, ventura etc.?
Recently, (within the last few years) apple has started sending out push updates that have permanently disabled sibelius's playback on certain versions of the OS.

As to your other question, I am slowly - and it is VERY SLOWLY- trying to learn Dorico. The program works quite differently to sibelius and, like you, I'm finding it tremendously difficult to adapt after so very many years. But I'm going to do it. No matter how long it takes. The results are very good. In many ways better than sib and it doesn't have sib's problems. It has some great features, too. It does have issues of its own, and some shortcomings, but hey, it's still a young program (version 5) and it is still being actively developed - unlike sib.
So. Back to your 1st prob. Post a zip file here containing a score which exhibits the issue. (You can't post sib files directly). We can then have a look and make sure it's not an issue with the file itself.
Sib 6.2, 7.5 and 2024.3.1, Windows 11, 32GB RAM, 16TB 7200RPM Storage, 2TB SSD, Note Performer 4, EWQLSO, EWQLSC, Harmony Assistant and some others. mike@mike-lyons.co.uk