Sibelius 6.2.0 Best Piano, strings woodwind sounds

Discussion of playback and midi issues go here.
Jimb0
Sibelius Version: 4
Operating System: Windows

Post by Jimb0 » Sun Mar 24, 2024 8:58 pm

I have Sibelius 6.2.0 installed from disc with Essentails for Sibelius 6 in the Sibelius Sounds folder in Program files.
I want to get the best audio rendition of my compositions to export the audio.
My compositions approximately 45 in number, my life's work, are mostly for piano or small groups eg string quartet, woodwind quartet, flute and harpsichord.
I am only looking for solo instruments not orchestral groups. Maybe two solo violins.
I also have Sibelius 4 with Kontakt player 2/ gold.
Whenever my friends hear the audio output the impression is not always favourable. What I need to know is how to get the best rendition.
I understand that Sibelius 7 uses samples recorded by Avid whereas the earlier Sibelius Sounds were third party samples from Garritan orchestra etc.

I dont want if it can be avoided to clutter my hard drive with electronic instruments, rock, pop and drumkits.
I don t really understand whether there is a version of Kontakt that would work with Sib 6.
Another crazy idea I have is that it might be nice to make some Youtube videos which show the score synced with the audio and a timeline. Personally I like to follow the score when listening to classical music and I have prepared Eulenberg style miniature scores for my pieces but it is impossible for most people to follow them. However watching these youtube videos makes it very easy.

Sibelius 6 has a panorama view which is tantamount to what I have seen in youtube and is very easy to follow. Is there any way of exporting scores with video and audio or saving it with some other screen recording software.

The computer on which Sibelius 4 was installed busted and I have decided to install Sibelius 6 on the new compute because there is the possibility of exporting the sib files to music xml but I am not sure where to go to get the best audion sound for all my composition.

If the Sibelius ulitmate sounds, sampled by Avid were fantastic then I could be tempted to take out an annual license just to get everything tidied up as my composing days are over.
Many thanks.

MikeLyons
Sibelius Version: Ult. 2024.3.1/7.5
Operating System: Windows

Post by MikeLyons » Mon Mar 25, 2024 9:04 am

Sibelius 6.2 is now very, very old and no longer supported by Avid. Also it will not work on any mac.

However, if you want better sounds, you should go for something like NotePerformer. The sound quality is generally much higher, but both the price and the footprint on your computer are much lower.

NP still works on earlier versions of Sibelius.

It is so long since I used Sib 6 that I can't remember whether the video export was there. It's definitely there in later versions and should do what you need.
Sib 6.2, 7.5 and 2024.3.1, Windows 11, 32GB RAM, 16TB 7200RPM Storage, 2TB SSD, Note Performer 4, EWQLSO, EWQLSC, Harmony Assistant and some others. mike@mike-lyons.co.uk